Camp Elim’s primary purpose is to promote the Christian gospel, and help Christian groups have camps where the gospel can be shared. Volunteers are encouraged to help us meet our aims.
Ways people can volunteer;
- Trade skills
- Be a leader on one of our camps for disadvantaged children.
Please give the Camp Elim a call or an email if you are able to help out in any way.
Please sign up to the Partner Newsletters and you will be notified of upcoming working bees.
Definition – a volunteer is a person who voluntarily offers his/her services or is invited by Camp Elim to voluntarily offer his/her services.
- All volunteers must be agreeable to the objects from the Camp Elim Management Constitution (included in this document)
- Volunteers working at Camp Elim are subject to statutory requirements and must complete the necessary declarations.
- It is Camp Elim’s responsibility to Provide all volunteers with tools and safety equipment
- It is Camp Elim’s responsibility to Inform volunteers on safety issues and emergency requirements
- It is Camp Elim’s responsibility to ensure that all volunteers are covered with appropriate insurance
- Volunteers are subject to supervision according to their working environment
- When on site, all volunteers should wear identification badges
- Volunteers spending a full day at Camp Elim will be provided with food if a catered group is in.
- Volunteers spending more than 1 day at Camp Elim should be offered accommodation (if available). The provision of an evening meal and breakfast is option and is subject to negotiation between the volunteer and the manager.