Thanks for taking the time to check out why you should become a getaway leader.
- Children are sponsored to attend by the Lions club
- Activities and leaders are sponsored by local churches, individuals and Camp Elim
- This camp is held for 1 week over the April and just over 1 week over the October school holidays
- This camp has been running for around 25 years
- This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the life of kids from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- You will learn how to use the Bible to teach important life skills to kids
Who can be a leader:
- Anyone who is keen to use the Bible to make a difference in kids lives
- People of all ages are great to have on the team. Younger leaders will usually spend a lot of time with the kids, while older leaders will usually play more of a support role.
- Different ages relate differently to the children, so it is great to have a diverse team. We don’t want a team with just young people, or a team with just old people. All ages are valuable.
- Families may even decide to come on mission together. One adult must be on team the whole time. Children from the family may choose to participate in the activities with the lions club kids if they are in year 4-9. Older children from the family may help leaders out. Family members who are not leaders will need to pay discounted camp rates – contact Elim to find out the cost.
Arrive Time (updated): Friday 9th April from 5pm, Dinner 6pm, Training 7pm
Depart Time (updated): 12pm Friday 16th April, option to stay on site for Friday night to hang out and have a holiday with leaders wishing to enjoy Elim before they go home. Checkout Saturday 10am.
More information is found in the April 2021 Getaway Leaders Information or give us a call on 02 6554 0277.
Application forms: (please submit before Friday 2nd of April 2021)
The following image can be used to invite others to become a getaway leader:
The following link is for a flyer that you can print out to encourage others to become a getaway leader: